As part of the submission process of Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) authors are required to check their submissions’ compliance with all of the following items and submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may be returned to authors.
- Registration is required to submit items Please register (free) on our website www.awej.org before submit your paper in order to reach you on time.
- Manuscripts submitted to AWEJ must contain original work which has been neither previously published, nor is it under consideration by another journal.
- All papers should have an abstract between 150 and 250 words in length.
- Each paper should include no more than 5 keywords (Listed in alphabetical order) Keywords are extremely important in search engine rankings. To achieve better exposure for your paper, please make sure your keywords are clear and accurate.
- Authors should include a cover page with the full title of the paper, the author's full name, Author’s affiliation and address, e-mail address, postal address, phone number. The author's name should not appear elsewhere in the paper.
- Each paper should be double-spaced in 12 point font (Times New Roman) with 1 inch margins on all sides.
- Editors of AWEJ reserve the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity. Authors will be consulted only if the changes are substantial.
- Footnotes should be avoided. Author/s notes are acceptable ( please place your notes at the end of the paper before the references part)
- Authors should submit- separately from the paper a 3-4lines of bio(very short biography)
All authors required to include statement in their submission that the manuscript is an original work.
- All submissions must conform to the requirements of the APA (American Psychological Association) is the most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references and citations, which must be in APA format. Manuscripts may be rejected if they do not meet the APA requirements (Please read Manuscript Guidelines for AWEJ).The following web page can be used to obtain a condensed version of the guidelines: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01
- Papers submitted to AWEJ for review and possible publication will not have been submitted for review anywhere else and, if accepted for review, will not be submitted elsewhere whilst the paper is undergoing review. The authors of papers accepted for Review will be asked to fill out, sign and return a submission agreement to this effect. The authors of those papers accepted for publication will also be asked to confirm in an publication acceptance agreement that the paper has not been and will not be published elsewhere. Publication in AWEJ transfers the right to AWEJ to distribute papers, but authors do retain their copyright.
- AWEJ’s applies the following Open Access copyright policy: (a) The author keeps the copyright. (b) The copyright notice mentions that classroom use is free, but other uses depend on the permission of the authors themselves. (c) The journal asks only for a licensee to publish the article as the first publisher. (d) The author is obliged to mention AWEJ as a source whenever the author later republishes the article on other platforms.
- Authors should send the Transfer of Copyright Agreement This signed statement must be received by Arab World English journal (AWEJ) when manuscript is accepted for review for possible publication in AWEJ. Authors of manuscripts will assign Transfer of copyright Agreement to AWEJ the permanent right to distribute their papers, but they will retain their copyright. After the paper has appeared in AWEJ, authors may republish their texts as long as they clearly acknowledge AWEJ as the original publisher and the only source for citation purposes.
After the submission deadline of each call for papers, manuscripts submitted to Arab World English Journal will go through an internal review. If submitted papers meet the basic requirements of AWEJ they are sent out for double blind review from experts in the field. Our reviewers are expected to review articles and return their reviews within 5 weeks of having received this. It is common for reviewers who recommend acceptance to also make this conditional on addressing possible errors or issues. If your reviewers make this recommendation then you will be given the opportunity to adequately respond to their feedback by a required date. This entire review process will take anywhere between 2- 3 months after submission of manuscript. The editor’s decision is final.
Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) is completely free to read and download. It is funded solely by paper process publication fees. Papers may be submitted for blind peer review without charge. Those papers accepted for publication will need to pay paper process fees of $150.