Focus and Scope
- Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) is a refereed, double blind peer reviewed in which both authors and referees are anonymous, and open-access e-journal for scholars, researchers, teachers, and officials of the English language in and beyond the Arab World in the 21stCentury. Submissions are invited by those either teaching and learning in the Arab World, and also by those who have written papers about language education which are of either direct or indirect relevance to those teaching and learning in the Arab World.
- AWEJ is a nonprofit Journal whose goal is to promote the learning and teaching of English in the Arab World. AWEJ will publish papers either directly related to this focus or associated areas of language education such as literature, linguistics, translation studies, culture, media, and computer-assisted or online education
- AWEJ is a fully refereed journal with an editorial board of scholars in the fields of English language education and associated fields such as linguistics, literature and translation, culture, education, media, and computer-assisted language learning.
- AWEJ aims to organize an annual conference, workshops and seminars as well as establishing joint activities with Arab universities and educational institutions. It also intends to promote the application of research to practical language problems of English current situation in diverse Arab nations.
- Publishing is open for participants from non Arab countries. AWEJ seeks to collect, organize, and disseminate information and research on the new trends of English teaching and learning.
- Editor works with an international advisory board that guides the shaping of the journal, as well as with international board of editors for submitted manuscripts.
- AWEJ is a quarterly journal (four issues a year (March, June, September and December). AWEJ is sponsored by Arab Society of English Language Studies (ASELS) www.asels.org